Nokia’s 41-Megapixel Camera Phone Takes Marvelous Photos [PICS]
The crisp detail of the PureView is evident, as the horizon is sharp as well as the foreground.
BARCELONA — The Monday announcement of the 41-megapixel Nokia 808 PureView represents a major leap in mobile camera technology.
While more megapixels don’t always automatically lead to better photos, they do mean data-rich photos that can be more easily zoomed and edited. You’ll be able to do a lot more in post-processing with a camera like the Nokia’s. Of course, the photos will be very large in file size, so the PureView will undoubtedly need ways to bring in external memory cards or export photos to the cloud to prevent photographers from quickly running out of storage.
Mashable got some demo photos from Nokia taken by a team of rock climbers in South Africa. The results? Majestic shots that we could easily scale to smaller images that still looked just as good. While the nice landscapes gave the photographers an advantage, you can see how we cropped down some of their photos, and they still look great. File size was a factor, too — the images were about 12 megabytes each.
Nokia unveiled the 808 PureView at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. The phone will retail for 450 euros, or about $600, when it launches in Europe in May. The camera technology, brought to Nokia by Symbian, will appear in upcoming Nokia mobile phones as well.
What do you think of this smartphone? Is the price tag fair for its incredible camera? Tell us in the comments.
Complete Coverage of Mobile World Congress 2012
- Mobile World Congress: Most Buzzed-About Phones, Tablets & Brands [INFOGRAPHIC]
- HTC Launches New HTC One Line of Smartphones
- Hands On With the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
- Up Close With the HTC One X and One S [VIDEO]
- Nokia 808 PureView Has a Monster 41-Megapixel
- Sony Announces Two New Xperia Smartphones
- Amazing Water-Repellant Tech Keeps Your Gadgets Dry
- Samsung Galaxy Beam Is Both a Smartphone and Projector
- Adobe Brings Photoshop Touch to the iPad
Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_syndicated() in /home2/gatherer/public_html/wp-content/themes/goodnews_techgatherer/single.php on line 238